Re: [opensuse] ipv6 and wicked
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2016 21:09:38 +0200
Koenraad Lelong wrote:

Hi,

Has anyone experience with ipv6 on Leap 42.1 ?

Yes. Works very well.

I'm trying to setup an ipv6 router. I installed Leap without a gui. My
external address is automatically configured. That's OK.
Trying with yast, I found after searching and trying you only can
assign a static ipv6 address by specifying it in the IP-address box.

Is there any other way to assign a static address on a local system?
(i.e. ignoring fixed assignments by DHCP).

You then can add an ipv4 address.

Right - or you can do it beforehand. Mind you, I don't think I have
tried using a static IPv6 address on a Leap system.

The next step is configuring the internal addess with prefix
delegation, but I can't find information how the do that.

We have very recently had a long thread, with many branches on exactly
that topic. You may (or may not) want to read that.

So how could I add the PD-request, and configure the internal
interface using the result ?

If you are getting a PD from your provider, it currently does not work.
There is at least one bugreport open.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (17.2°C)