Re: [opensuse] ipv6 and wicked
On 06/02/2016 11:15 AM, Koenraad Lelong wrote:
Has anyone experience with ipv6 on Leap 42.1 ?
I'm trying to setup an ipv6 router. I installed Leap without a gui. My
external address is automatically configured. That's OK.
Trying with yast, I found after searching and trying you only can
assign a static ipv6 address by specifying it in the IP-address box.
You then can add an ipv4 address.

I did. After years of using openSUSE for my router, I gave up on it and
switched to pfsense, which works well. The problem is that openSUSE
does not support dhcpv6-pd, which is required for getting the local
network prefix from the ISP. Wicked does not support dhcpv6-pd, so I
tried the latest dhcpcd, which does. Unfortunately, after a couple of
frustrating weeks, I had to give up on it.

My recommendation is to go with pfsense, at least until the openSUSE
developers quit putting eye candy ahead of function.