Re: [opensuse] Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE documentation
On 06/02/2016 02:22 AM, Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink wrote:
Well, yes and no. And Facebook is a horrible medium for support. Everything
disappears is an endless stream.

Well, yes there is that, but don't forget that Facebook was designed for
pubescent teenagers (which still seems to be its main population) and
security of any form takes second place to untested creeping featurism.
Sorry, did I say 'creeping'? "by leaps and bounds" is more accurate,
but I can't find "kangaroo featurism" in the on-line hacker's dictionary[1].

If you want a good support medium, something that supports
documentation, indexing, easy access, development, questions and
Wikipedia doesn't qualify. I'm thinking of something like FosWiki or
DocuWiki, both of which I've seen used for this purpose and both of
which have a good library of plugins that lend themselves to this
recording+feedback.

Their backing/database mechanism are easily archived and suitable for
grepping and can be set up as web-facing for general reading and/or have
protected sections or restrictions for registered users.

I'd point out that although it has limited feedback and user
contribution, the Wiki for ArchLinux is very effective as a method of
documentation and in fact it has many pages that answer questions asked
here, such as https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Procmail

See https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Main_page

[1] The best I can find is /kangaroo code/ which has more gotos jumps
than /spaghetti code/. Sometimes the optimized output of a compiler for
C++ looks like that, but never mind :-(