Re: [opensuse] Off-Topic: sending details (in)securely via email
On 2016-06-02 13:07, gumb wrote:
On 02/06/16 11:44, Carlos E. R. wrote:

I don't know what's the biggest pound note in use :-?

The biggest regular British pound note in ordinary circulation is £50.
But a few years ago there was a story about some swindle in the far east
involving million pound notes. Like many others, I thought this was
fabricated believing no such thing existed, but apparently such high
denominations do exist, just not in the traditional form of colourful
notes we are familiar with. The article went on to say how the person
forging the million pound notes was caught because only a very limited
number had ever been produced and hence those genuine ones could all be
traced.

Curious!

As for the 500€ notes, I've never even handled a 200€ or a 100€ note.
It's annoying enough when the cash machine gives me a 50€ bill. I recall
some shops here in France refusing to accept them. On the other hand, on
the rare occasion I've needed to draw a large sum in cash in either
pounds or euros and I've asked for the higher denominations from the
bank so as to carry less bulk, they've never adhered to my request and
always given me a big clump of 20£/€ bills, as if to imply that I'm not
big enough to handle the high value ones.

My bank told me that I had to request them the day before at least. Same
for a big withdrawal.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >