[opensuse] Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE documentation
Op dinsdag 31 mei 2016 01:12:42 CEST schreef Nick Mantas:
Greeting fellow Geekos!
As you know lots of new stuff are coming in the future of the project!
It has occcured to me during conversations with fellow linux users
that though openSUSE is among the leading distros , help towards
technical (or other) problems still needs improvement. Quite a few
people are asking question on the facebook group

Well, yes and no. And Facebook is a horrible medium for support. Everything
disappears is an endless stream.

, and most of them are
answered thoroughly, but we are not archived or reachable from
non-facebook users and the forum traffic is low.

I guess you mean FB as a forum? Our own forums gather much more traffic than
the
FB and G+ pages together.

So I wonder is it
possible to have an official stack exchange page where users can ask
for help? What are the difficulties we might face?
Imho it would be more efficient and new users will appreciate it more.
Care to share your thoughts on what can be done? I'm willing to help
if we reach an agreement

inb4: I'm not saying to close the forum

My 2 cents: No YASP ( Yet Another Support Platform ). We already have http://
forums.opensuse.org as our main public support venue. It doesn't suffer from
the disadvantages social media have. If you see outdated stuff, report it and
the forums admins and mods will take care of it. Next to the forums we also
have the mailing lists, IRC.

--
Gertjan Lettink, a.k.a. Knurpht

openSUSE Board Member