Re: [opensuse] Graphics for Server
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2016 15:58:13 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2016-06-01 13:51, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

It works wonders for playing HDTV streams from mythtv. On a somewhat
modern Intel CPU. Without it, HDTV is generally impossible. YMMV.
More modern CPUs might be better, dunno. A lot of HPC is done on
GPUs these days, so they're good for something.

Ok, but ffmpeg does not use any of it for conversion, only for
display. It does not affect the OP case.

I don't think you can conclude that. ffmpeg doesn't _display_ anything,
it converts. Anyway, I can't test it, maybe the OP can tell us.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (21.2°C)