Re: [opensuse] Off-Topic: sending details (in)securely via email
On 2016-05-29 20:12, Daniel Bauer wrote:

That's a strange account that doesn't support SSL/TLS. Well, as someone
else mentioned, put it online somewhere and provide a link. Google
Drive will do what you want.

That one made me laugh. Is there anything in the universe that offers
less privacy than google tools?

For sure. My ISP. Telefónica.es.
The IMAP server doesn't. The SMTP server uses "Untrusted TLS" according
to postfix. Some time ago I looked and they were using a private
certificate, using the example certificate form of the software, not
even filling their own data. I haven't looked recently:

<2.6> 2016-05-20 14:52:55 Telcontar postfix 13750 - - Untrusted TLS
connection established to smtp.telefonica.net[86.109.99.70]:25: TLSv1
with cipher RC4-SHA (128/128 bits)

To verify the certificate I have to increase log verbosity.

Send it per whatsapp, they claim to offer end-to-end encryption :-)

Yes, that's what I use with a client of mine. Normally I use PDF with
password, but this one claims to be unable to read them. I think he uses
some Apple thingie.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)