Re: [opensuse] Off-Topic: sending details (in)securely via email
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 20:20:51 +0200
gumb wrote:

On 29/05/16 19:15, Per Jessen wrote:
gumb wrote:
They want me to send a scan of it to them via email. In the past
I've refrained from sending scans of such sensitive documents by an
inherently insecure system, so I've been holding off these last few
weeks.

Yep, completely agree, I wouldn't do that either.

Since I won't be passing by the office in person anytime soon, aside
from putting a photocopy in the post, what would you advise?

Recorded mail. Alternatively, maybe making a copy available on a
website with encryption and password protection. A bit like an
escrow site.

I've considered both these. Recorded mail will be 4 euros. After which
she'll probably scan it and email it to HQ.

This where I'd usually say - "you've got to trust someone sometime",
ones employer is probably not the worst place to begin :-)

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (15.4°C)