Re: [opensuse] ipv6 -doing autoconfigure
On 05/28/2016 02:10 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
James Knott wrote:

On 05/27/2016 07:11 AM, James Knott wrote:
It was working in my 13.1 router/firewall, before I replaced it with
pfsense. I'll have to check to see if it still works.
I just fired up Wireshark to look at a router advertisement. It
includes DNS server information. So, RDNSS is supported in pfsense.
So your /etc/resolv.conf is updated accordingly? It's not such a big
deal for me, we'll probably leave it to dhcp to dish out the info, but
I think it ought to work.

To verify this, I had to turn off the dhcp server. What I found was my
Android tablet and also my ThinkPad running Windows 7 worked fine over
IPv6, but the same ThinkPad, running openSUSE 13.1 didn't. So, I guess
there's a problem with the network manager, where it requires dhcp to
get a DNS address.