Re: [opensuse] VoIP ATA does NOT need to have a foxed address, only the ISP does
On 05/27/2016 05:48 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2016-05-27 23:25, James Knott wrote:
On 2016-05-27 14:05, Per Jessen wrote:
Maybe you're just using black magic or maybe you're not behind a NAT
router or maybe you are using STUN or keep-alive, but you don't know.
Yes.

In my case, it is done on a little box placed before the router, and it
uses a 10.*.*.* network.

So, that little box connects to an STUN server or uses other keep alive.
I think neither, because it does not use NAT. It is a 10.*.*.* VPN,
different from the house LAN at 192.168.1.*

Well, that explains it. I don't think you mentioned anything earlier
that would indicate your VoIP wasn't via NAT. You'd have a non NAT
route to the server. However, you still can't talk peer - peer to
someone running VoIP at the other end. You have to keep that server on
the call for the duration.