Re: [opensuse] European HAMNET - use of 44/8.
Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 2:43 PM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2016-05-27 20:14, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 1:14 PM, Per Jessen <> wrote:
I went to a client site a few years ago. They were a manufacturer of
telco gear. Thousands of people at the location I went to.

When they first told me all their IPs were public, I tried to explain
NAT and that surely they were using public IPs for everything.

They corrected me. They had a class A as I recall. When they bought
a manufacturing plant from AT&T it came with a Class-A network.
It could be Lucent. I worked there. Yes, we had a class A, meaning
that AT&T had several. Now they are Alcatel-Lucent, so I suppose
Alcatel has an A class network, now.
It's all publicly available you know. The whois databases have it all.

The list of class A network owners may be public, but my client list isn't!

Edward Snowden might have an opinion about that :-)

As I recall they very much did not want their name listed as one of my
clients. Remember I get called into sensitive situations at times.

I should think most of the time?

/Per