Re: [opensuse] VoIP ATA does NOT need to have a foxed address, only the ISP does
On 05/27/2016 08:21 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2016-05-27 13:04, Anton Aylward wrote:

I've tried persuading many of my friends&relations to use VoIP but to be
honest, the only people who seem the least bit interested in talking to
me on the phone are my doctor/dentist calling to confirm/remind
appointments and headhunters who insist on phone interviews, which I
consider as lame and useless as email interviews, after all so much of
meaningful communication is face to face, non-verbal..

If you (and I) had a real VoIP phone replacing the old POTS in your
home, you could do call screening. You could route those calls to a
machine asking questions before it decides to bother you with a ring -
or refusing. Just what they do to you when you call them.

I don't know what you problem is.
I can do all that.
And more.
Like re-routing by time of day, different ring tones (particularly for
people I know), "follow me", different voice messages for callers I know
(e.g telling family, g/f when I'll be home), telling marketeer that this
number has been disconnected so they will (hopefully) remove it from
their phone books), simultaneous ringing of the various rooms I might be
in, ...

And a lot more.

To be honest, I'm getting fed up with you gays telling me that I can't
possibly do things that I am am doing.

Must real people phone my mobile (cellular).

All my numbers are "ex-directory" so its more about who has forwarded
them for some reason.
There's still a lot of people around who are careless about PII.