Re: [opensuse] VoIP ATA does NOT need to have a foxed address, only the ISP does
On 05/27/2016 08:36 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2016-05-27 14:05, Per Jessen wrote:
Maybe you're just using black magic or maybe you're not behind a NAT
router or maybe you are using STUN or keep-alive, but you don't know.

Yes.

In my case, it is done on a little box placed before the router, and it
uses a 10.*.*.* network.

Back in the days of the Rogers Home Phone it was like that for me too.

But now my ATA is on the inside of my cable router and on the inside of
my NAT firewall.

And it works for incoming calls even thought the STUN is blank, as my
service provider <strike>recommends</strike> insists.