Re: [opensuse] VoIP ATA does NOT need to have a foxed address, only the ISP does
On 05/27/2016 08:05 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
Maybe you're just using black magic or maybe you're not behind a NAT
router or maybe you are using STUN or keep-alive, but you don't know.

I am behind NAT, that I'm sure of :-)
I an NOT using STUN, that I'm sure of ;-)

I have not sacrificed any chickens, virgins or made incantations from
ancient and obscure books bound in human skin. That, too, I'm sure of :-)

What I do think, and Andrei seems to hint at this, is that there's more
to this technology and its implementation than you (or I for that
matter) seem to know about.

If the technologists that are behind my service provider say "no need
for STUN" and the ATA I use works, and believe me I do get incoming
calls, then there's something else going on.

If that something else is a keep-alive baked into this technology, then
its clear its something you are unaware of and that I'm using though
unaware of.

This does not surprise me. There's a lot of technology I use of which
the details I'm unaware. I think that some time around the era of
Newton & Leibniz science & technology became too involved, too extensive
for one man to keep in his head, so that I'm using technology I don't
fully grok is just something I live with.

I don't know how to do genetic engineering or grow petunias either.
The former does not distress me; the latter sometimes does.