Re: [opensuse] VoIP ATA does NOT need to have a foxed address, only the ISP does
On 05/27/2016 07:09 AM, Anton Aylward wrote:
Carlos, you're loosing me - what does a normal person need a STUN server
for? Unless that normal person wants to provide VoIP services, he or
she has no need. A STUN server has one single reason for being - to
enable clients on a NAT'ed network to be reached from the outside.
And, as is the case for most home consumers, it's not even that, as its
not about PTP; they are just using it as a POTS replacement.

My home phone is via VoIP. I have a terminal from my cable provider
sitting on a shelf. It provides a plain POTS interface that's connected
to my home wiring. However, as mentioned elsewhere, it doesn't provide
the benefits VoIP phones have.