Re: [opensuse] VoIP ATA does NOT need to have a foxed address, only the ISP does
On 05/26/2016 05:14 PM, Anton Aylward wrote:
I often use IP connectivity that isn't IPv6 outside my house.

Libraries, malls, conference centres, hotels, ...
And yes, most of them are using a NAT'd service.

And just to rub the point in, one of the thing I do using this 'outside
the house' NAT'd IP service is make phone calls from my tablet using a
softphone AND NO STUN.

Then you must be using a server for the duration of the call. With
VoIP, the server is supposed to be used only for setting up a peer to
peer call and then drops out of the picture.