Re: [opensuse] VoIP ATA does NOT need to have a foxed address, only the ISP does
On 05/26/2016 02:09 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2016-05-26 19:59, James Knott wrote:
On 05/26/2016 01:40 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
With IPv6 you need neither. In fact, you could address someone's phone
by something like "phone://IP-Addres" instead of or
"protocol://who@server_provider", where the directory server does a
directory search to translate your given name to the IP where you can be
found.

Ie, IPv6 allows non-anonymous peer to peer services without intermediaries.

That would depend on the protocol you're using, not IPv6.

Well, it has to be IPv6 if you want to address a device from outside,
not a house.

I often use IP connectivity that isn't IPv6 outside my house.

Libraries, malls, conference centres, hotels, ...
And yes, most of them are using a NAT'd service.

And just to rub the point in, one of the thing I do using this 'outside
the house' NAT'd IP service is make phone calls from my tablet using a
softphone AND NO STUN.