Re: [opensuse] kde start submenu hangs
On 05/24/2016 04:24 AM, Istvan Gabor wrote:
Hello:

I found that the culprit is qpdfview package from publishing repo:
qpdfview-0.4.16-21.1.x86_64

It installs its icon as /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps/qpdfview.svg.
KDE kicker and kmenuedit hangs when tries to show this image in the menu.
If I replace this file with another svg image (naming it qpdfview svg) the
image is shown and kde kicker or kmenueditor does not hang. I can open
qpdfview.svg in inkscape but don't see anything wrong. What can be the
problem with the file? I try to attach qpdfview.svg.

Thanks,

Istvan

We ran into a number of similar issues during trinity development with svg in
the varying different flavors and compressions. Basically some of the original
images no longer play nicely with the current svg libraries. I don't recall the
details, the images will open fine, but generate a warning of some type that is
causing kmenu fits.

We should get a handful of the interested folks together and update/fix this and
any other of these nit issues. KDE3 is still working fantastically here and with
minimal effort we can keep it that way. I'm in if others want to collaborate.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.