Re: [opensuse] ipv6 - the "Tipping Point"
On 05/26/2016 08:11 AM, Anton Aylward wrote:
While the points James make are, technically, correct, the "veryyyyy"
slow adoption tells me that those are not relevant to the tipping point.
The utility of IoT is going to be it. The address space requirements of
IoT will necessitate it, There are going to be other impediments, like
size and power requirement of sensors and actuators, but that's another
matter.

Actually, you'd be surprised at how much IPv6 is used. I see it
frequently in my work. Also, a few years ago, the U.S. government
mandated that all public facing web sites be available via IPv6. Add to
that Google, Cisco, Microsoft and more pushing IPv6, it is becoming more
common.