Re: [opensuse] DHCPv6-PD request
On 05/26/2016 02:27 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
Dave Howorth wrote:

On Wed, 2016-05-25 at 16:58 -0400, James Knott wrote:
Of course the big improvement for users is the
ability to directly access a computer behind the firewall, without
messing with port forwarding
To me, one of the advantages of NAT is that it makes it more difficult
to attack my machines because they can't be addressed.
Yes, NAT implicitly prevents that, and with IPv6 your firewall will
still do so. Even without one, anyone attempting to gain access will
have an impossible job to do - you will (typically) have a /64 network,
a mind-boggling 18'446'744'073'709'551'616 addresses.

What's more is that you will often have 2 addresses. One based on your
MAC, which you'd point the DNS to, if desired, and a random number
"privacy" address that changes periodically. That's the address you'd
use when going out on the 'net. That makes you a moving target for
anyone trying to capture your address to use it to attack.