Re: [opensuse] DHCPv6-PD request
On 2016-05-25 04:56, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 05/24/2016 09:40 PM, James Knott wrote:

I'm not your enemy/opponent in this, James. I'm just saying there is a
good reason why people are hanging on to IPv4 and NAT despite the
validity of all you say. calling them fools or idiots or short-sighted
doesn't help. It just alienates them.

I think most users don't hang onto IPv4. Me, I will simply use IPv6 when
my provider uses it...

I would like having IPv6, but I don't /need/ it. I don't understand why
my provider doesn't use it, but the routers they give their users are
IPv6 ready, it seems. Sooner or later they will do it.

An anecdote. Initially my provider handed out static IPv4 addresses by
default to everybody. At some point they /upgraded/ to dynamic
addresses. Yes, they sold it as an upgrade! With NAT.

They only considered web browsing. They even had the idea of charging
per email and per distance. They were bewildered when clients told them
that they were doing user to user things over Internet, and these
clients were angry at them for /upgrading/ to dynamic addressing.

It is kind of funny the sales people parlance.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)