Re: [opensuse] DHCPv6-PD request
On 05/08/2016 12:43 PM, James Knott wrote:
On 05/08/2016 12:14 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
I can build a dhcpcd 6.10 for you for Leap, no trouble at all. I wonder
how to make wicked understand that we're using a separate dhcpcd
binary.
I've already install 6.10 from rpm. I have no idea about wicked, as
I've never used it before.
So, I have to get dhcpcd to start, get the prefix and then start up
radvd with the IPv6 prefix.

After 2 weeks of frustration, I gave up on getting Leap to work with
dhcpv6-pd. This morning I downloaded & installed pfsense and it's now
working fine. Now to update my DNS records to reflect the new IPv6
addresses.

<rant>
One thing I've noticed over the past few years is that the openSUSE
developers seem more interested in eye candy, rather than function. In
addition to this issue, I noticed some other issues with Leap. For
example, pressing Alt-tab to change apps often doesn't work. Another
thing is when I leave the computer for a while and have to enter my
password to get in, I often can't. Either it will accept only one
character or none, making it impossible to login without killing the
session. Also, When rebooting I often right click on the desktop and go
from there. Apparently, with Leap, I have to use the Menu button to
reboot. This represents another loss of function. Leap is pretty
though, so I guess that's all that matters to the developers. What
matters to me is that I won't be moving any of my systems from 13.1 any
time soon.
</rant>