Re: [opensuse] Switching to SSD
Op vrijdag 20 mei 2016 18:26:09 CEST schreef jdd:
Le 20/05/2016 18:07, sdm a écrit :
From what I've read, there are a ton of different things one has the

option of doing when switching to a SSD drive, such as enabling trim,
creating a tmpfs, changing the default schedul

most ssd (the one I have) get a 3 years waranty, and I'm pretty sure in
3 years I will not keep the one I have now (already 480Gb). Also new
kernel know if a disk is a ssd

This here:

so I use only the defaults, thinking kernel guys are better than me :-)

jdd

Hahaha, I said exactly the same on a dutch linux user group meeting yesterday

Gertjan Lettink, a.k.a. Knurpht

openSUSE Board Member
openSUSE Forums Team