Re: [opensuse] network manager suddenly stopped working for no reason
* tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [05-20-16 23:40]:
No, but I see similar but different. My systems are all running wicked,
wired and wireless, as networkmanager cannot obtain or maintain a network
connection.

Happy with wicked.

The *only* issue I have with wicked is that of having to find and re-enter a
network password at the different locations where I travel around, which can
be a real pain in the neck. On my other laptop, which runs network manager
fine, it remembers the password from the different places I have visited and
it connects right up. If there were some interface for wicked that could
help manage passwords, that would make things a little more convenient, even
if I had to just manually switch the network. If that were available, I
would be happy sticking with wicked.
yast network
scan
Well it turned out all I needed to do was reset the router. It was strange because on one laptop, connected to the wifi on the router, also running opensuse 42.1 and network manager, it stayed connected without a problem, but on the 2nd laptop, it wouldn't connect if I was using network manager, only with wicked. Then after awhile, while running wicked, the 2nd laptop lost the connection, and it wouldn't even see the SSID of the router. So I reset the router, and then it came back and connected without a problem. The 1st laptop never had a problem connecting to that router, but the 2nd one did until I reset the router.

--
George
Box: 42.1 | KDE Plasma 5 | AMD Phenom IIX4 | 64 | 32GB