Re: [opensuse] Switching to SSD
On 05/20/2016 12:07 PM, sdm wrote:
If my 1 TB spinning rust drive will be my /home, then that will be the
default location for FF's cache directory which means it will slow down
the system.

I think you need to read some articles such as
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1005267

OK so that guy is windows and wants it OFF his SSD.
But if you have /tmp on the ssd, which strikes me as a good place for it
in many ways, or have /var/run on it, which again, strikes me as a good
place for it, the the use of the "browser.cache.disk.parent_directory"
(you may have to create it) setting relocated there is a good thing.

See also the settings for purging /tmp :-)