Re: [opensuse] openvpn - Cannot open TUN/TAP dev /dev/net/tun: No such file or directory (errno=2)
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 16:06:51 +0200
Per Jessen wrote:

This morning I patched/upgraded a 13.2 box and rebooted. Normally I
have no problems starting openvpn, but this time the 'tun' module
wasn't autoloaded. Nor when I manually tried starting openvpn later.

Can anyone suggest a reason why 'tun' was not automatically loaded?? I
have never had this issue before.

It wasn't just a fluke on the first boot-up, have just rebooted twice,
had to load 'tun' manually. Surely it should be autoloaded when
openvpn tries to access /dev/net/tun?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (15.9°C)