Re: [opensuse] systemd: [/etc/systemd/user.conf:11] Invalid log level 'notify': Operation not permitted
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 11:35:15 +0200
Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 11:37 AM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I was trying to reduce the amount of logging done by the systemd user
manager - e.g. 40-some lines per cronjob, and amending the Loglevel
in /etc/systemd/user.conf seemed to be worth trying. Why $SUBJ?

Because "notify" is not valid?

--><--
As argument this accepts a numerical log level or the well-known
syslog(3) symbolic names (lowercase): emerg, alert, crit, err,
warning, notice, info, debug.
--><--

Well spotted, I guess I was more focused on "Operation not
permitted". :-)

But you can also simply mask user@.service. So far I do not think
there is any use for it.

Ah okay.