Re: [opensuse] Adding disks to a software RAID array
On 2016-05-17 12:07, Bob Williams wrote:
On 17/05/16 10:46, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2016-05-17 08:34, Bob Williams wrote:
I am in the process of setting up my system partition on an SSD drive.
Working towards this I have bought a second (rotating) hard drive which
will form the basis of a RAID1 array for /home.

I have managed to create an encrypted RAID1 array comprising a single
drive, onto which I have copied /home.

Previously:

/dev/sda1 /
/dev/sda2 /home

Now:

/dev/sda1 /
/dev/sda2 not mounted (contains old /home)
/dev/sdb1 -> /dev/md0 /home

sda is the SSD, and sdb the rotating rust?

No, sda and sdb are both 3TB rotating rust. The SSD has not been
installed yet, but when it is, I want to use the existing sda to join
the md0 array.

Why don't you create the raid now, as you have the two rotating disks
already installed? I don't understand.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)