Re: [opensuse] System is booting up. See pam_nologin(8)
16.05.2016 17:08, Patrick Shanahan пишет:
* Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [05-16-16 09:36]:
Per Jessen wrote:

Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

Is file still the same? pam_nologin displays content of this file and
you created empty file. Does it still have the same modification time
and is empty?

Just repeated the exercise - created an empty /run/nologin, rebooted,
the file is then updated with the "system is booting up" text. The
problem seems to be that this file is never removed?

Well, /run is in memory, so it is lost after reboot. Something must
create it.

Have also just reproduced on a brand-new 13.2 xen guest.

I see this screen msg, "system is booting up...", occasionally when I try
to ssh into a box which has just been rebooted and hasn't completed it
startup. After a few moments I can access without seeing the msg.

Perhaps whatever is supposed to clear the msg when booting is complete, is
not doing it's job, but I have no idea what that would be.

File is *created* on boot by this tmpfile snippet:

/usr/lib/tmpfile.d/systemd-nologin.conf

What is the content of this file?

This should be executed only by the service
systemd-tmpfiles-setup.service. This file (/run/nologin) should be
removed by systemd-user-sessions.service. So the first step is to check
status of both services (including execution time). Check that /run is
indeed tmpfs. Boot with systemd.log_level=debug and "quiet" removed from
kernel command line, it should show when each service is being started.