Re: [opensuse] OT: spreadsheet format
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 16:22:33 +0200
Dave Howorth wrote:

I have some 'spreadsheet' files that I want to read on Leap. They are
produced by a logging device (a Rotronic CL11) plugged into the
manufacturer's app on Win10 and have names that end in .XLS but they
are text files in a kind of mixed ini-file and TSV (tab-separated
values) format. They start off with ini file sections describing each
of the columns of data (humidity, CO2, temp) and then there's a
section with a TSV list of all the logged data values.

Does anybody recognize this format and/or have any ideas of
applications that can read or import it? I tried feeding it to
libreoffice calc but it opened them as text files.

I don't recognise the format, but according to the instruction manual,
Excel should be able to open it. It also mentions export to other
formats, but doesn't list which ones.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (20.4°C)