Re: [opensuse] Can't dual boot with Windows 10
On 2016-05-11 00:32, Jim Sabatke wrote:
OK, I'm going crazy after spending two weeks chasing down every bit of
documentation I could find online. I've tried Suse Leap, 13.1 and
13.2. 13.1 may have destroyed a lot of data on a disk I wasn't
installing to as it would only load the install in the character mode,
and even though I kept telling it's scheme to not use that disk, it gave
feedback that it was formatting that disk.

First, nothing I do or directions I follow will get me a dual boot. From
my reading, Suse uses the proper ID to get EFI to recognize it as a
valid OS automatically.

FWIW, I have Leap and Win10 dual booting on a new PC with UEFI and secure boot (Acer rather than Dell). In fact it also boots Mint though I did have trouble getting that to work.

As people have said, put Leap on a DVD or USB stick, check it is correct and then the install should just work. Nice PC, BTW.