Re: [opensuse] wifi is enabled only after wake up
On 05/10/2016 09:13 AM, Albert Oszkó wrote:
Hi all,

I still have difficulties with wifi on this Asus K501UX laptop (Leap and
KDE). Wired net is OK by
now. Wifi needs some patience.
I accidentaly found this: boot the laptop: no wifi. I pushed the Zz button,
the system went to
sleep. I woke it up, and voila, wifi is enabled and connects to my router?
How is it?
I googled and found dozens of texts only on the opposite: wifi is
disconnected after waking up.

Some hint, please?

Best regards,
Albert

Can't give any specifics of how to fix this, but I have seen similar problems
with
bluetooth (which in my case is built into the same chip as the wifi). Often on
resume from suspend (either suspend to disk or sleep), bluetooth will not be
available.
Since I use a bluetooth mouse this is inconvenient.

I just pop to airplane mode, count to three, the leave airplane mode, and its
all
good again. Different machines have different methods of entering airplane
mode. Mine is a keyboard combination. Others have a physical switch.