Re: [opensuse] Off Topic: Wired PC's Behind Client Bridge Can't Ping Each Other
On 05/09/2016 02:13 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
But in this case, the 4 mouths on that thing (client bridge) are not
acting as switch. They are all "routing", isolated from one another. I
had no idea this could be possible.

With software, anything is possible.

[ Sidebar: roll introduction sequence to Gerry Anderson's
"Stingray"//"Anything is possible in the next half hour"
]

For home users the technology is dumbed down and made idiot proof.

Lets face it, the last half century has been slowly educating users
about computers and UI. if a user of the 1980s era with a 16K PC and
cassette tape drive (who, quite possibly had never been exposed to even
a RadioShack model which preceded it, never mind a PDP-11 running UNIX
(lets not even talk about something as brain damaged as RSTS!) were to
be faced with an iPhone or iPad, never mind the rigs some of us are
running there would be utter confusion and perplexity.

Many of us are dealing in our work contexts with things like "Software
Defined" ... well, that may be "networking" or "Storage". I think we
already have "software defined recruiting" :-(

The router, sdm says, is running DD-WRT. If that's not a few steps
above the idiot simple software shipped on home-grade routers I don't
know what is! {Thinks: I need to flash my own router with that someday}