Re: [opensuse] DHCPv6-PD request
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 09:44:03 +0200
Koenraad Lelong wrote:

Op 09-05-16 om 08:31 schreef Andrei Borzenkov:
I am not even sure if it is possible to do with having *second*
prefix for "DIY Router" WAN interface. I.e. assuming we have

ISP - eth0 [DIY] eth1 - LAN

Can both eth0 and eth1 have the same prefixes? How would DIY know
whether to use eth0 or eth1 to speak with hosts having the same
prefix?

From my little experience/knowledge, the external interface of the
[DIY] gets an IP-address in a separate prefix, not related to the
[prefix that is given to the [DIY] via PD.

It depends on the setup/ISP, but that corresponds to my config - the
uplink route has a separate prefix.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (17.1°C)