Re: [opensuse] Off Topic: Wired PC's Behind Client Bridge Can't Ping Each Other
Am Montag 09 Mai 2016, 07:32:52 schrieb sdm:
On 05/09/2016 07:19 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Maybe the problem is first understanding what a "client bridge router" is.

Most "home" routers have a 4 port integrated switch on the LAN side.

As does this one, but it's sending and receiving traffic out the wired
ports, as well as sending and receiving traffic via a wireless bridge to
the master router. You are familiar with WDS, right? Client Bridge is
the same idea. I think it used to be called Wireless repeater mode in
previous DD-WRT releases, and now it's Client Bridge Mode. So, are we on
the same page now?

These days most Wifi access points have a feature that most call "client
isolation", which means that two client devices connected to the same access
point can not reach each other.

Maybe your master AP has this turned on, and it "extends" onto the devices
connected to your client bridge?

Cheers
MH

--
gpg key fingerprint: 5F64 4C92 9B77 DE37 D184 C5F9 B013 44E7 27BD 763C