Re: [opensuse] DHCPv6-PD request
09.05.2016 09:11, Per Jessen пишет:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

This I do no have clear: you get from the ISP not a single IP (v6),
but a range.

Typically a home user will receive a /64 prefix, I think that is the
standing recommendation. Not all providers do this, I know of some
Swiss providers that allocate smaller chunks. I believe the /64
recommendation is related to routing tables and such, although I'm not
intimately familiar with the details.

Ie, you get a prefix, and all your internal machines have to use that
same prefix, plus something to differentiate each one (pos-fix?).

James will get e.g. 2001:db8:1234:1234/64, and his local machines could
be

2001:db8:1234:1234::1
2001:db8:1234:1234::2
2001:db8:1234:1234::3
etc.

Internally, he can use dynamic or static allocation or both.

Except James does not want it. So far there is nothing that would
require PD. ISP CPE would advertise prefix on LAN side and every device
on LAN would autoconfigure. What James wants, is

ISP - ISP CPE - DIY router - Home LAN

where "DIY Router" gets prefix delegation from "ISP CPE" and advertises
it to devices on "Home LAN".

I am not even sure if it is possible to do with having *second* prefix
for "DIY Router" WAN interface. I.e. assuming we have

ISP - eth0 [DIY] eth1 - LAN

Can both eth0 and eth1 have the same prefixes? How would DIY know
whether to use eth0 or eth1 to speak with hosts having the same prefix?

With IPv6 we not need/use NAT, but each local machine gets one
outside, real, address. Is this so?

Right.

Thus, whatever replaces dhcpd-server on the inside has to know and use
that external prefix.

One can use radvd alone or radvd+dhcp combined.

Real life example would be helpful.