Re: [opensuse] Firefox - on the security exceptions - self-signed certificates
  • From: Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 May 2016 10:01:09 +0200
On 2016-05-06 12:58, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
Hi,
I set up Synology NAS server and allowed only HTTPS access for the web
interface. It has self-signed certificate, but as it is only for internal
purposes, it is not any problem.
In Firefox, I went to the web interface. Of course, Firefox complained
about invalid certificate. So that I added the secutiry exception.
It was working fine, but as requested by our network admin, I had to
change the network settings and set domain name.

You also have to renew the certificate at the site, and it has to refer
to the actual domain, not the old one. If you don't, firefox will deny
access as the certificate of the site does not match the name of the site.

Sure, I did this.

--
Vojtěch Zeisek

Komunita openSUSE GNU/Linuxu