Re: [opensuse] Firefox - on the security exceptions - self-signed certificates
On 2016-05-06 12:58, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
Hi,
I set up Synology NAS server and allowed only HTTPS access for the web
interface. It has self-signed certificate, but as it is only for internal
purposes, it is not any problem.
In Firefox, I went to the web interface. Of course, Firefox complained about
invalid certificate. So that I added the secutiry exception.
It was working fine, but as requested by our network admin, I had to change
the
network settings and set domain name.

You also have to renew the certificate at the site, and it has to refer
to the actual domain, not the old one. If you don't, firefox will deny
access as the certificate of the site does not match the name of the site.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)