[opensuse] Apache does not work
I have recently installed openSuSE 13.2 on my new notebook (an Asus F555LF-XO334D, but I don't think that matters). My installation also includes apache2 and php5.

Now, having enabled and started apache2 with YaST's Service Manager, the only response I get when invoking http://localhost/ in a browser is a page that says:

Access forbidden!

You don't have permission to access the requested directory. There
is either no index document or the directory is read-protected.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 403r
localhost
Apache

But Apache's DocumentRoot is world-wide readable:
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 May 3 21:19 /srv/www/htdocs/

I exclude the hypothesis that Apache uses a different DocumentRoot since the entry
DocumentRoot "/srv/www/htdocs"
occurs in all these three configuration files:
/etc/apache2/default-server.conf,
/etc/apache2/default-vhost.conf and
/etc/apache2/default-vhost-ssl.conf

What can I do to make Apache work correctly?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regard,
Wolfgang