Re: [opensuse] 13.1 > Leap
On 05/03/2016 09:41 PM, James Knott wrote:
I'm planning on upgrading a computer from openSUSE 13.1 to Leap. Will
there be any issues with this? Or should I start from fresh install?

Given the price of disks, I'd be tempted to put a second drive in the
PC, install on that, and have a dual boot for a short while. It also
lets you mount your old /home or perhaps /opt or /usr/local from the
13.1 drive.

Of course there are constraints; maybe its a laptop and doesn't have
second drive capability. Maybe the second drive slot is occupied, for
example by a RAID or mirror device.

Options the other way include doing the install on a second drive that
is a SSD. Smaller SSDs are very reasonable in price.

Cost vs risk vs effort ...