Re: [opensuse] Re: copy from encrypted system without password?
On 2016-05-02 06:16, John Andersen wrote:
On 05/01/2016 07:49 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
It doesn't have to be stolen. Anybody in your house, say, picks up the
phone while it is powered down, switches it on.

Ok, hold it right there Carlos, because your train has already gone off the
rails.

Nobody powers off their phone these days, not even to board an airplane.
Not even to get some sleep.

I do. Not always, but I do.
I also have a second phone which I typically keep powered off.
People without a smartphone do it often.
People with a smartphone typically have another code to block the
display, specially to protect from toddlers.
Some people I know are scared of "radiations", so they turn it off as
soon as they can.

So bogus story of sim pins is busted right out of the gate.
Now answer me this, TRUTHFULLY: How many people do you actually know
that password protect their sim card?

Everybody I know of. Every phone we buy comes with a PIN activated. Even
SIM card copies have a PIN activated, and a PUK code too.

I have only seen phones without a PIN on the SIM when the phone is
intended for the very elderly who are unable to remember the code or
even what to do to read a message on the phone, and ask me what they are
and please delete them.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >
List Navigation