Re: [opensuse] Re: copy from encrypted system without password?
On 2016-05-01 11:00, Daniel Bauer wrote:
Am 01.05.2016 um 00:03 schrieb Carlos E. R.:

A longish passphrase, not the 4 digit pin used to start phone service?
I'm considering cyphering my phone. Do you notice any caveats?

Yes, I have a long, complicated passphrase looking like nonsense with
special characters and numbers, but it's easy for me to remember.

So you have to enter the pin code for phone service (it protects the SIM
card), and the passphrase for the storage. Makes sense.

The only difference I note is when booting the phone, this takes a
little, little longer while the "decryption icon" is on the screen.
Still it boots faster than my old phone, and when it runs I don't note
any difference. I guess it depends on the phones power, I have a samsung
galaxy s6.

Yes... But deciphering a disk is not done at the start, but on the fly,
each time there is need to read or write a file, in memory. I wonder
what it does at the start :-?

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >
List Navigation