Re: [opensuse] Where is my log message when use with `logger' command
On 02/28/2016 10:35 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
Billy.Zheng(zw963) wrote:

From logger command man:

logger - a shell command interface to the syslog(3) system log
module

So, I want to use this command to write log to syslog.

following is a test:

$: echo 'some special log output' |logger

but, i could not found anything about my log in /var/log/.

From the man page:

logger [options] [message]

For your test to work:

$: echo 'some special log output' | xargs logger

Yes, that, and have the settings in whatever you are using as a log
daemon configured appropriately :-)