Re: [opensuse] Why do I have all these file systems loaded as modules?
On 02/26/2016 12:39 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
I'm thinking that /proc/filesystems lists all the filesystems that can
be tried, or mounted, but not necesarily that their respective modules
are already loaded. Ie, the kernel must know what filesystem modules
it can provide support for.

No, I don't think so, that doesn't make sense.
if that were so then every module in /lib/modules wou.d be noted
somewhere under /proc.

Simple test of this.

Do 'rmmod' of the offending modules.

# lsmod | head -10
Module Size Used by
binfmt_misc 20480 1
ufs 81920 0
qnx4 16384 0
hfsplus 110592 0
hfs 61440 0
minix 36864 0
vfat 20480 0
msdos 20480 0
fat 73728 2 vfat,msdos

# more /proc/filesystems | egrep -v nodev
ext3
ext2
ext4
btrfs
reiserfs
fuseblk
xfs
jfs
msdos
vfat
minix
hfs
hfsplus
qnx4
ufs

# rmmod jfs minix qnx4 ufs hfs hfsplus

# more /proc/filesystems | egrep -v nodev
ext3
ext2
ext4
btrfs
reiserfs
fuseblk
xfs
msdos
vfat

OK, proven! /proc/filesystems only lists the filesystems that have
modules loaded or are compiled into the kernel.