Re: [opensuse] firefox cannot read my .mp4 files anymore
On 02/26/2016 02:08 AM, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:

What you are describing are not bugs but sound like security
measurements. And given how exposed a browser can be to malicious
content in the internet you are better off using a recent browser.

Indeed, not only is a browser one of the prime attack surfaces, it is
also one of the prime attack tools!

It may also be useful to read:
https://blogs.gnome.org/mcatanzaro/2016/02/01/on-webkit-security-updates/

The old Mosaic Netscape did all I wanted dating
back to the mid 90s. What ever happened to KISS?

Anything that uses a GUI isn't KISS, not by a long way!
if you want a KISS browser you don't want Mosaic, that's a myth, using
Mosaic would have you screaming in frustration [1]. If you really want
KISS use 'w3m' or better still 'lynx'.

the web went on

Well, that too :-)

[1] Being a long time Firefox users with a plethora of add-ons, I've had
problems trying even to use chrome! I'm sure there are good genetic
reasons for me going bald, but this doesn't help.