Re: [opensuse] Why Is Leap 42.1 Benchmarking Poorly?
On 2/25/2016 11:22 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
John Andersen wrote:

Exactly.
KDE's Akonadi will use the system database, and in many cases simply
turning on ANY akonadi services will load mysqld which consumes an
inordinate amount of memory to serve (typically) a single user.

It shouldn't be so bad - for Akonadi use, I can't imagine it using more
than 300-400M? Most of that will be for indexes and probably unused.
Even on a meagre office desktop, it should not cause any issues. Is
akonadi default in Leap 42? I'll have to check.

Given that most users won't have a ton of data in there from akonadi
you might be right, but then they could have got by with something a
lot lighter than mysql, which itself can chew up a lot of runtime
memory.

KDE use LMDB for baloo, (which is very lightweight, and fast), and
almost everything akonodi puts into mysql also gets fed to baloo.
Seems like a mysql is a complexity that really isn't necessary.
http://vhanda.in/blog/2015/10/baloo-5-15/