Re: [opensuse] Why Is Leap 42.1 Benchmarking Poorly?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 08:22:28 +0100
John Andersen wrote:

Exactly.
KDE's Akonadi will use the system database, and in many cases simply
turning on ANY akonadi services will load mysqld which consumes an
inordinate amount of memory to serve (typically) a single user.

It shouldn't be so bad - for Akonadi use, I can't imagine it using more
than 300-400M? Most of that will be for indexes and probably unused.
Even on a meagre office desktop, it should not cause any issues. Is
akonadi default in Leap 42? I'll have to check.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (1.2°C)