Re: [opensuse] Why Is Leap 42.1 Benchmarking Poorly?
On 02/25/2016 10:55 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2016-02-25 12:09, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

Okay, it's not a distinction I am used to. To me, a database is a
database is a database, no matter how it's started, where the data is
placed or which user it runs with. I thought KDE simply used the
standard mysql/mariadb install, I wasn't aware of any per-user
instances.

I think it can use the libraries, but not the engine. I'm unsure of
this. Good question.

However, some KDE apps sometimes use the system database engine to place
there a database, and for this it requires the user/admin to allow it,
or initiate the database.

Exactly.
KDE's Akonadi will use the system database, and in many cases simply turning
on ANY akonadi services will load mysqld which consumes an inordinate amount of
memory to serve (typically) a single user.

And that can in turn feed baloo.

But it is still not clear that these tests used any thing that might have
touched the system database.