Re: [opensuse] Why Is Leap 42.1 Benchmarking Poorly?
On 2016-02-25 12:09, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

Okay, it's not a distinction I am used to. To me, a database is a
database is a database, no matter how it's started, where the data is
placed or which user it runs with. I thought KDE simply used the
standard mysql/mariadb install, I wasn't aware of any per-user
instances.

I think it can use the libraries, but not the engine. I'm unsure of
this. Good question.

However, some KDE apps sometimes use the system database engine to place
there a database, and for this it requires the user/admin to allow it,
or initiate the database.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.