Re: [opensuse] Why Is Leap 42.1 Benchmarking Poorly?
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger.oberholtzer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 13:40:23 +0100
On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 1:29 PM, Vojtěch Zeisek
<vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

OK, again. If some feature of Btrfs is making performance problems for DBs (do
we agree it does?), then it does not make sense to use it for DB, doesn't it?
Of course, there are dozens of user cases. Some are are suitable, some not.

Our primary use for openSUSE is as a data collection system that
collects large amounts of data (megabytes a minute to various data
files, often sustained for a couple of hours at a time) that is
routinely copied off-system, and then the collected data files
deleted. I have been wondering how btrfs use may impact this. I guess
we will just have to set up a system and see what happens. Any
predictions?

--
Roger Oberholtzer